Prices & Book
Winter Special - stay for a minimum of two nights and save £10 per room per night on the two-person rates shown below. Includes Friday & Saturday nights and our four poster, river view rooms. Not to be combined with other offers. Some dates excluded, use the online booking facility to check availability, or call us directly.
2014 Prices per room per night
|Type of room||Two person rate||Single occupancy|
Prices quoted above include all taxes.
Terms & Conditions
Although we strive to be a 'rule free' zone, there are a few crucial things that you need to know about your booking with us.
- Deposit - On booking we will request either a 50% deposit from you or your credit/debit card details. If we take card details then we must at all times hold details which are up to date, failing which your booking may be cancelled by us without further notice. We will not take any money from your card unless you cancel your booking as per the cancellation policy listed at 3 below.
- Payments - If you pay us for your stay with a card (debit or credit) then we will make an additional £3 charge. We make no additional charge for payments in cash. We do not accept cheques unless they have been sent to us at least four weeks prior to your stay.
- All cancellations should be advised to us in writing, either by post or e-mail.
- If you cancel your booking with more than 10 clear days to go then we will refund any deposit received and there will be no cancellation charge.
- If you cancel your booking with 10 days or less to go, or you fail to show up on the day of the booking, then we will make a 50% cancellation charge - either the deposit you have sent will be retained by us, or we will charge your card with the appropriate sum. For this reason you may wish to take out cancellation insurance, which is inexpensive and can be obtained from any good broker.
- If (c) above applies but we are able to re-let the room for the total duration of your booking then we will refund any deposit or cancellation fee applied to your booking less an administration charge of £10.
- Check In and Out - Check in is only by arrangement with us and we aim to be as flexible as possible to accommodate your needs. We have no formal check in times and we will ask you when you book what you anticipate to be your arrival time in York. Your room will normally not be ready for occupation until after 2pm on the first day of your stay, however by arrangement you are welcome to arrive earlier and either leave your luggage or your vehicle with us until your room is ready. The latest time that we will agree for check in is 9pm. Check out time is 10.30am on the morning of your departure.
- No Smoking - our whole house and garden are no smoking premises. If we have reason to believe that any guest has smoked in their room then we will apply an additional charge of £50 for specialist cleaning to be undertaken.
- Group Bookings - please note that we do not accept bookings for groups of more than 4 adults. If you have a larger family group then please contact us by telephone to discuss your needs before making a booking. We reserve the right to terminate the booking at any time if this condition is breached.
- Damages and Breakages - Please take care with our accommodation. You are responsible and liable for any breakages or damages which you cause to the accommodation or its contents. Please report these as soon as they occur. We do not normally charge for minor breakages, but we may send you an invoice for repair or making good if the damage or breakage is significant, and we may make an additional charge of £25 if you did not report this.
- Liability - We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or any vehicles or possessions, unless proven to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves or our employees or contractors whilst acting in the course of employment.
- Bookings during Race Meeting dates in York -
Please note that for bookings which fall during York Races (or the day immediately preceding a race meeting) the following additional booking conditions will apply:
- We require a £100 deposit per room which will be taken immediately by credit card. This deposit will not be deducted from the cost of your stay on checking out, but rather will be refunded to you after your visit provided that there is no damage to the rooms or their contents - any damage will be charged at the full replacement value of the item or items and if the cost of any damage exceeds £100 per room then the appropriate additional charge will be made to the credit card. At all times we must have details of a credit card which is current - ie which has not passed the expiry date.
- The rooms will be unavailable for your use between 10.30am and 12.30pm - this is to allow for cleaning to take place as we are unable to have rooms cleaned later than 12.30pm.